I’ve installed Ubuntu image on my VM and setup password as showed in this tutorial https://kb.wedos.com/cs/webhosting/vps-on-instalace-pripraveneho-os/. The problem is that I need to restart the VM for password to be set up but when I restart, the password field becomes empty and I can’t login. Is there some workaround?
Here are the instructions for reinstalling VPS ON (in Czech only). https://kb.wedos.com/cs/webhosting/vps-on-instalace-pripraveneho-os/
Don’t forget that you will lose all your data by doing this.
monero mining is a cryptocurrency mining service. If you are not sure that the atto service on your VPS has nothing to do, then you probably have a compromised server and this may be the reason that you cannot log into your VPS.
So if your vps is infected, I recommend reinstalling the vps or restoring it if you have a working backup.
Restoring from a backup from our side is possible for a fee of 500 CZK/excluding VAT, but we do not guarantee that this backup will not be infected as well.
My bad, let me be precise to be sure we are on the same page.
- I turn the VM off in nebula and wait for the poweroff state
- I fill in the PASSWORD attribute
- I turn on the VM
- I wait for the state to become ACTIVE
- Sync or refresh the page
PASSWORD attribute field is empty and when I try to log in, I get Incorrect password error.
What I’ve tried:
- login via VNC in nebula, using
- login via
- using only numbers as a password to make sure it’s not keyboard layout
- using complicated password to make sure nebula is not rejecting my stupid password
- copying password when using ssh
- using VNC, I’ve tried typing the password to the username field first to make sure it’s correct and copying it from there