I’ve installed Ubuntu image on my VM and setup password as showed in this tutorial https://kb.wedos.com/cs/webhosting/vps-on-instalace-pripraveneho-os/. The problem is that I need to restart the VM for password to be set up but when I restart, the password field becomes empty and I can’t login. Is there some workaround?
Here are the instructions for reinstalling VPS ON (in Czech only). https://kb.wedos.com/cs/webhosting/vps-on-instalace-pripraveneho-os/
Don’t forget that you will lose all your data by doing this.
My bad, let me be precise to be sure we are on the same page.
- I turn the VM off in nebula and wait for the poweroff state
- I fill in the PASSWORD attribute
- I turn on the VM
- I wait for the state to become ACTIVE
- Sync or refresh the page
PASSWORD attribute field is empty and when I try to log in, I get Incorrect password error.
What I’ve tried:
- login via VNC in nebula, using
- login via
- using only numbers as a password to make sure it’s not keyboard layout
- using complicated password to make sure nebula is not rejecting my stupid password
- copying password when using ssh
- using VNC, I’ve tried typing the password to the username field first to make sure it’s correct and copying it from there
monero mining is a cryptocurrency mining service. If you are not sure that the atto service on your VPS has nothing to do, then you probably have a compromised server and this may be the reason that you cannot log into your VPS.
So if your vps is infected, I recommend reinstalling the vps or restoring it if you have a working backup.
Restoring from a backup from our side is possible for a fee of 500 CZK/excluding VAT, but we do not guarantee that this backup will not be infected as well.